Saturday 14 March 2009

Tea and Cake - The Answer To Life's Problems

Okay, so they're not going come up with a solution to your problems. However, it has became clear to me that a nice cuppa tea helps a great deal in times of crisis, no matter how big said crisis is. Cake is tea's worthy accomplice in the calming down of a situation. It has to be home made cake though, not the bought crap. Unless it has royal icing. Yum.
These beauties were hand crafted by me. They don't look that big on the picture but let me assure you, these muffins were HUGE. I use the past tense because they were all scoffed pretty quickly. I even amazed myself with my baking skills *giggles* . They were really rich chocolate muffins with cherrys in them, topped with a chocolate gnashe (saucy type thing) with white chocolate hearts on top. I made everything myself. I was so chuffed :)
They seemed to put a smile on the face of all who tucked into them. I was so proud that i even took photographs. I guess that makes me a sad trout.
But, at least I'm a sad trout who can bake... ha ha ha xx

3 comments:

  1. 'chocolate gnashe' - this looks very enticing in your pics and i am a fond cake lover... please tell me more! did you make it or buy it ready made? My mouth is salivating as i look at the picture! lol too much information maybe...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree! tea and cake is the answer to lifes problems, i like the way you start with this as the topic and then continue onto just talking about the cake. i so would. :D xx

    ReplyDelete